Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Spirit Guides

Psalm 32:8a "I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go;.."
 
 WOW!  Today I read a devotion entitled 'The Spirit Guides, The Devil Shoves'.  Just let your mind wrap around that for a few minutes. 
  I know this may sound odd but I really don't remember that much about the reading itself but I do continue to hear that phrase resonating in my person.  I've often heard people for most of my life state that God made them do something or pushed them or drove them to do whatever.  But this confirms a statement that we know from the Word of God and have learned in relationship with Him and that is that He gives each one of us a 'choice'.  He is not pushy.  He does not demand but allows us the time, space and whatever latitude we may need in order to become acutely aware of the leading of the Holy Spirit in our lives. 
   I'm sure some of you may recall my state of being just prior to my coming to the Lord as a young woman.  I was going through some devastating times in my life and I just drove into my driveway, sat in my car in front of my house and hit my steering wheel.  I just yelled out, "Why did You have to just go and die, why couldn't You be here, NOW?!"  I know, and so do you, that those words were spoken in desperation to the only One who could lead me into the truth.  I was so desperate and grasping at whatever small bit of hope I could and my inner being just cried out to Jesus.  I knew even in my darkest times that only He could lead me into the true way and only He could make my life liveable again.  I probably knew deep down inside that Jesus is still alive but at that moment it didn't feel like it at all.  This began my journey to a deep and true relationship with Him and thus my beginning to understand the leading of the Holy Spirit in my everyday life.
   If you had known me then and now you would not believe I am the same person.  Which, in essence, I am not.  I am a new creation!  I've been born again, washed by the blood of the Lamb.  I had been to church for many years of my life but walked, of my own free will, completely away from any semblance of God.  I am so thankful for people in my life who prayed for me and didn't give up.  If not for a praying Mom and Grandaddy I would probably not be who I am now.
   I guess sometimes the leading the Holy Spirit gives does seem like He's pushy or shoving but completely contrary to that He is opening up doors and giving us a choice as to whether or not to go through them.  We are told 'it's darkest just before dawn'.  Well, in the spiritual realm it's the same way.  Just when all looks like gloom and doom just around the bend the Son shines brighter and brighter with each passing moment.
   Keep in mind that when things look tougher than they ever have that's the time the Lord is just about to step in and shine the Light on your situation.
   May the Lord bless and keep you.       
  
In His Service,
Jennie
©

No comments:

Post a Comment