Sunday, September 1, 2013

Reflections of 2008

"I will rejoice greatly in the Lord,
My soul will exult in my God;
For He has clothed me with garments of salvation.
He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."
Isaiah 61:10 
   I have been reflecting over the past several days on the things of 2008 and what I want to change for 2009.  In looking back over the year I have been so blessed to recall many good memories. 
    I truly am not at all satisfied with the small amount time I've spent in the Word and devotions.  I truly need to be much more consistent and decisive in that area.  As a matter of fact, I made a plan to read the Bible through this year and have yet to begin in the plan I've chosen.  However, I will begin on Sunday afternoon and get as far as I can into getting caught up and then will be diligent to stay caught up in the plan laid out.  I, however, will not berate myself or put myself down in any way if I have to have more do-overs in the future.  I have such a new excitement in joining Jesus each day as He opens His heart to me as I receive His Words as jewels for my soul. 
    Jewels for my soul is what I based Jewels from Jennie on in the first place.  Now, I just need to live it out in a more precise manner.  I am so excited at the prospect of my weekly Bible study group's choice of study for this year.  We will walking through the Psalms and if I know Faye, we will walk with the Psalms through the entire Bible.  I can hardly wait to get started in this journey.
    I am also excited to see so many of you so ready to set new goals and see them through this year.  Let's all walk together, encouraging each other in the goals the Lord has placed in our hearts and see them come to fruition as His plan opens up to us.
    I have begun to Read The Bible Through in a Year so many times but have never completed that goal.  I welcome any of you to challenge me and hold me to the fire in that respect throughout 2009.  If I have not been as faithful as I should your challenge will urge me on and I trust you will also be encouraged.  Look with me throughout the Bible in 2009 and let's find mines of jewels He has hidden for our pleasure.
    I pray that the Lord will bless you immensely and that you will be able to see answers to many of your long unanswered prayers this year.
    May the Lord richly bless you in all you do.  I am so blessed to be the Pastor's Wife here at Byrd's & Wesley Chapels and in the Henleyfield Community in the Seashore District of MS.  Praise You Lord for placing me just where You have me.  Thank you all for your prayers and support.
 
In His Love and Service, 

Jennie
©

No comments:

Post a Comment