Sunday, September 1, 2013

Ponderings





"Call to Me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."  Jeremiah 33:3  "Then when you call upon Me and come and pray to Me, I will hear you.  When you search for me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart."  Jeremiah 29:12-13 "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope."  Jeremiah 29:11    

   This month I want to share with you some of the reflections I've been engaged in over these last few weeks.  Many of you know that I've had a bit of a different journey in the last few weeks and in that time I've been able to have plenty of time to ponder God's Word and to study a bit more than I usually am able to do.  I've so missed being able to participate in church like I'm used to doing.  I thank each of you who prayed for me, called me to check on me and prepare food for me.  I don't think I've missed this much church or my friends at church since I became a Christian.  It is so good to be back and on track again.  In the changes I'm experiencing there have yet again been doctors who have ordered tests due to some things 'they just want to look at'.  Praise the Lord!  All the tests have been completed and I've passed them all with flying colors.  No pre-cancerous cells are found and everything is perfectly fine.  The only thing I'll have to do is some minor medical treatments for the next three months.  I've been given a completely clean bill of health.  With all this being said the Doctor still wants me to see the General Surgeon for confirmation.  I guess it never hurts to get a 2nd opinion!  Again, I say, Praise the Lord!
   Tuesday August 19th, Jonathan and I returned from a trip to Omaha, NE that took us eleven days.  WOW!  What a trip it was.  We had a great time and had great experiences and are so glad to be back.
   August was the launch of Jonathan's newsletter, Kids Gettin' Radical for Jesus --- Thank you all so much for your great comments of encouragement.  He was extremely excited when people started emailing with their praise for his efforts.  With this newsletter launch and our cross country trip Jonathan is off to a good start as he has been back in school for about a month, too.  His curriculum is so much fun as well as imparting such great learning to him.  Since we are seeing this year's curriculum being so heavy on him and the newsletter does take a bit of time we are praying about sending it out once a quarter.  So look for his next newsletter to arrive in December.
   In my first ever blog submission I began with a story from 3rd grade in Kalamazoo, MI and some of the meaning of Psalm 1 for my life.  I began planning on sharing different Psalms however the Lord is continually giving me new direction for this path in my life.  I will place on the web site a new selection each Monday that pertains to whatever the Lord has put on my heart for that particular time.  I will not dictate to God what I want to share but will allow Him to lead.  I should always do this anyway and I often think I am then in retrospect see that I continued to place my ideas in the driver's seat and not allow God full control of what I do.  I feel like the way Paul must have felt in Romans when he said, 'the things I don't want to do I do and the things I want to do I don't'.  The thing is, often there is not even a 'knowing' that I'm in the middle of doing the thing that is not in line with God's will or best design for that time until it is over.  During the couple weeks I was confined to home prior to our trip I was able to spend a lot of time in Bible study, prayer and just alone time with God.  I've really enjoyed this time and feel like I've been in a sort of cocoon.  I know that He is doing something that I've not yet been able to put my finger on.  It is so amazing that the peace of God has had such a powerful rule over me and that I feel so close to the Lord and experience His presence ever so strongly.  He is really giving me the knowing that Paul also spoke in the Word saying 'I've learned in whatever state I am to be content'.  Many challenges have come my way in just the last month or two but through all of them I've definitely sensed His comfort and joy.  The faithfulness of God is really not contingent upon me or anything I do, but on Him and His love for me.  The only thing I have to do is pray, commune with Him, read the Bible, praise Him and allow His love to flow through me. 
   I pray that each one reading this will begin to reassess your walk with Him and where you feel discontent you will allow His presence to fill that realizing that the only way you can walk in that contentment He gives by communing with Him through Bible study, prayer and praise.  I urge you to come back to your first love, that you love of God you experienced when you first gave your life to Him and asked Him to fill you with His Spirit.
   May the Lord bless and keep you.       
 
In His Service,

Jennie
©

No comments:

Post a Comment