Armor of God
Sun, May 06, 2012
‘Armor of God’!
12. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
14. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
16. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
18. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
The above passage has been very alive to me in much more power in the past few weeks. However over and over in my heart has been the memory that God had said back in the Old Testament that He would be our ‘rear guard’. I’ve heard so many say that all the action in dressing for battle that is listed in Ephesians leaves the back uncovered. Research reveals that the armor Paul referred to in this passage covered the back, front and sides as it would go down over the head and arms and clamp shut on the sides under the arms. God has us so covered in so many ways we know nothing about. Look at this with me,
Isaiah 52:12 But you will not leave in haste or go in flight; for the LORD will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard.
Also in Isaiah 58:18 Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
All the things taken together shows us that when we walk in His power and strength nothing is impossible. Remember when we are wearing His armor He is the warrior and the One who wins the battle! We are now to battle in the Spirit and not in flesh. As people we usually see, think and hear this as a physical battle. Trust me, it is not. We are told clearly in Scripture, that no matter what we see, He has it covered. Recall when in 2 Kings 6 Elisha was at peace no matter how many there were in the king’s army. I recommend you read the entire chapter but look closely at these few verses. There is a spiritual battle, yes, most definitely. But greater is Lord and His army than any force we may be.
15. When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. "Oh, my lord, what shall we do?" the servant asked.
16. "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."
17. And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariotsof fire all around Elisha.
We are everything with Him. We can do all things in Him. As we stand and believe in Him we will see the enemy blinded to what God sees, blinded to who we are in Him, blinded to the things God wants to accomplish in and through His children. We are stand strong in His mighty power.
In His Love and Service,