Sunday, September 1, 2013

The hymn, "His Eye Is On the Sparrow" was inspired by a couple, the Doolittles of Elmira, New York, who had reason to be discouraged. For twenty years Mrs. Doolittle had been confined to bed as an invalid. Her husband, a partial invalid, managed his business from a wheelchair. The songwriter, Civilla Martin, tells of a visit to the Doolittles in 1904. Deeply impressed by the joyful spirit that the Doolittles maintained in spite of severe adversity, Mrs. Martin asked the woman if she ever got discouraged because of her physical condition. Her friend responded quickly: "Mrs. Martin, how can I be discouraged when my heavenly Father watches over each little sparrow and I know He loves and cares for me." Within just a few minutes Mrs. Martin completed the writing of her new text, which has since been a source of much encouragement to many of God's people.




Sparrow Living

  In pondering these two above posts, I've been more and more aware of just some of the things the Lord does for me.  I certainly am not immune to times of complaining or 'wishing things were different' or in my eyes 'better', maybe even given to looking at others and thinking my life should maybe be a little more comparable to their's.  Not any good things to allow into my heart.  I have often had to reprimand myself and get back on the right path to doing what God has for me and not for anyone else.  The Sparrow Living I named this piece is to keep me in the proper place that God has me and enjoy each moment keeping an eye for other's needs, desires, etc.  I intend to look for the silver lining, light at the end of the tunnel, hummingbird attitude, positive outlook etc.  I have faith that God is in control no matter what my physical eyes see. 
I encourage you to ponder this also.  Look for the love of God being shed abroad in every area of your life and the lives of those you see.  When there is bad there is always God that outweighs that.  God is Good!  There is none but God alone. 
Be blessed.
Jennie
Luke 1:37
©

No comments:

Post a Comment