Sunday, September 1, 2013

How Good and Pleasant It Is!...

Psalm 133:1-3  Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!  It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;  As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.  KJV
 
      The days prior to the ladies retreat that I was blessed to participate in the first week of October I was asked to share a Psalm with the group and tell what it means to me. 
      The one above is actually the second one that came to mind so because of the story behind it for me I chose it. 
      When I came to a real saving knowledge of the Lord I was attending the most wonderful church.  My Mom was going there and all the people there were so great for me and my growth in my spiritual walk at that time.  My Pastor was so good to give me things to learn each time I finished whatever he had given me the last time. 
      During the 1st year of my time there a man named Alan arrived in town.  As I recall he was of Jewish descent but had come to know the Lord Jesus as his personal savior but was not very knowledgable about Him.  He knew a lot about the God of the Old Testament but not Jesus.  There is so much to tell about him but the main thing that always sticks in my mind is that he taught us a tune to remember the above passage by.  I honestly cannot at all even begin to recall the tune but I think the scripture will be imprinted in my heart forever.  Often when Carl preaches he will refer to anointing with oil or even various ways to baptize and he'll sometimes refer to the method of pouring over the head.  When he does, this is the thing that always comes to my mind. 
      Jesus anointed each one of us, His children, with His blood by completely covering us.  I can picture that covering of His blood in much the same way as the oil that is mentioned as being poured over the head of Aaron and running down all the way to the hem of his garment and puddling up on the floor.  There was enough to meet the need and have some left over piled up at his feet. 
      One of the things about Alan is that there didn't seem to be a trace of him that could be found by those who looked and when he left there was also a buzz about the fact that he left no trace.  I was greatly convicted by his childlike faith and innocence in so many of our ways of speaking.  Things that I would never even consider offensive to him would be just as weighty as a curse word.  I really began to look at what I said in a much more serious manner. 
      I pray that I would be as much a positive influence in the lives of folks I meet for such a short time as that.  I would love to have you pray for me that I'll be much cognicent of the fact that there are always others observing my life and that I'll moment by moment give it over the Lordship of Jesus.
 
      May the Lord richly bless you and keep your mind sharp and alert to His guidance as each day passes.      
 
In His Service, 
Jennie 
©

No comments:

Post a Comment