Saturday, October 17, 2009

Head to Toe Husband Prayer



For the past several weeks the Lord has been keeping in my heart the need to lift my husband up in prayer. And as you might know I've been pondering it but not acting on it as a strong commitment. Now, after feeling that I was supposed to encourage this friend or that friend to do so, (hard head that I sometimes am) I finally realize that although this directive may well have been for some of my friends, it is definitely for me first and foremost. I asked Carl today to forgive me for not being as supportive of him as I should be and for being too negative of late. His facial expression was, as I'm sure you can expect, one of surprise and verbalized his assurity that he didn't think I'd been that way. Nevertheless, I know that I've failed to act on the call the Lord put into my heart and even tried to externalize it to others rather than taking this directive seriously to heart and making it a personal commitment. I now do commit to lift him up daily to the Lord and trust that God will move in ways that no attitude I may display will.

The "Head to Toe Husband Prayer" that I've shared with others is as follows: (Please use to pray for your husband daily and you'll see God move mightily on his behalf.)

Dear Lord, I pray for my husband, Carl, from Head to Toe.

  • His Head - That he will look to You as Lord of his life. (1 Corinthians 11:3)
  • His Mind - That he will have the mind of Christ and think as the Holy Spirit would lead him and not the flesh. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
  • His Eyes - That You will keep his eyes from temptation and that he will turn his eyes from sin. (Matthew 6:13; Mark 9:47)
  • His Ears - That he will hear Your still small voice instructing him. (1 Kings 19:12; Psalm 32:8)
  • His Mouth - That his words will be pleasing to You. (Proverbs 19:1)
  • His Neck - That he will humble himself before You and be strong, courageous, and careful to do everything written in Your Word so that he will be prosperous and successful. (James 4:01; Joshua 1:8-9)
  • His Heart - That he will love and trust You with his whole heart. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Proverbs 3:5)
  • His Arms - That You will be his strength. (Psalm 73:16)
  • His Hands - That he will enjoy the work of his hands and see it as a gift from You. (Ecclesiastes 3:13, 5:19)
  • His Feet - That You will order his steps and that he will walk in Your truth. (Proverbs 4:25; Psalm 26:3)

In Jesus' Name, Amen!

(I received this prayer months ago at the bottom of an article from Sharon Jaynes whose weekly article I subscribe to.)

One thing I purchased in 1/1/2000 at a Christian bookstore in VA Beach, VA is Praying God's Will for My Husband by: Lee Roberts has been a mainstay for praying for Carl when I don't really know what to pray. A statement printed on the back of the book is "Unless your husband has your constant prayer support, he cannot become all that he should be." (by Lee Roberts) has really struck a cord in my heart today.

Please continue to lift up your husband to the Lord. If he is going through difficult times the Lord will allow you to go through things together in a much more healthy way. If there is difficulty in your marriage the Lord will fill you with a new love for him and allow you to see him with a whole new and much more healthy outlook. If you have given up on him ever coming to a saving knowledge of the Lord or if his walk is not what it once was your committed prayers for him will make the way wide for him to come to that saving knowledge and bring him back to his first love. You will also develop a greater and deeper love for him and will be able to encourage and support him in many more ways in his life. If you are not married and long to be with the man God has for you when you commit to pray for that husband the Lord will honor that as well.

Stormie Omartian, in her book The Power of A Praying Wife, says "Worrying about your marriage changes nothing...Praying about it can change everything."

I pray that you'll join me in praying for your husband as I pray for Carl.

In His Love and Service,

Jennie

Matthew 6:33; Isaiah 55:12

1 comment: